– Assistant Chef
– South West London – Battersea
We are looking for an Assistant Chef to join our team, someone with some kitchen experience but mainly someone with loads of energy, enthusiasm, love for food and cooking and most of all – a real team player who wants to learn on the job.
We are going to be upfront and honest, this is going to be a demanding job which might sometimes entail long hours and a lot of hard work BUT we hope to reward you accordingly and have a lot of fun working together in the process. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to join a business during a very exciting growth stage and be a huge part of the journey and helping take us to the next level.
Here are a few essential skills needed for the role:
– Some kitchen experience/culinary training
– Have a knowledge, or at least an interest in, food and the hospitality industry
– Possess a valid driving license and feel comfortable driving a van
– Be immediately available to start work
– Happy working long hours which may sometimes include the weekends/evenings
– Be a positive, outgoing person who will bring lots of energy to the job and ultimately want to have fun doing what you love
More about the role…
As a chef’s assistant at The Luxury Picnic Company, you’ll be working very closely with the two founders of the business and will be involved in all elements of the business initially, these include:
- Cooking and baking for our café and deli which is opening soon
- Helping produce products for our deli and gift boxes
- Preparing food for corporate events we run (onsite and offsite cooking) and potentially working at some of these events as a chef and/or server
- Assisting with logistics including deliveries and collections
- Assisting with orders, stocktake and supplier liaison
- Generally mucking in where your help is needed, this could include anything from cleaning the kitchen to making coffees if we get really busy to assisting with creative projects that include product development and sourcing
- The work week will tend to be 5 days a week, 9 hour shift including a break
You’ll be working alongside our talented chef and co-founder Ally who has a wealth of knowledge and is truly our main USP – her cooking is incredible and she has a real understanding of flavours, pairings and how to elevate a simple dish into something mouth-wateringly delicious. You will be able to learn from her and hopefully be involved in the hiring of further members of staff to join the brigade as we grow.
As mentioned this is a really busy job with lots of different facets and things to think about but it is equally fun and incredibly rewarding. You will learn a lot about food and business in general and be working with the founders who are very hands on.
If this sounds like a job you’d be interested in, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include an informal cover letter about why you want the job, why you think you’d be a great fit and any questions you have for us.
We will book in interviews with successful candidates and would like to move very quickly on this!
About The Luxury Picnic Company
Founded by Alicia de Freedericksz and Jane Gillespie in 2020 during the height of lockdown, our little idea to make and deliver picnic hampers and events has turned into a fully flourishing business. We now have four distinct divisions to our business, each with its own potential.
- Picnic Boxes
- Bespoke Gift Hampers
- Event curation & catering
- Café & Deli
As with any new business, we are ever changing and always evolving, especially because our business was born during a lockdown. Over the past year we have grown significantly and are very excited about the opening of our new café and deli in Battersea in the coming months. We have built a wonderful following of very loyal clients and now we need the team to help take our business to the next level.